To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Adding family to 1 password

Options
debheller19
debheller19
Community Member

I bought 1 password for a flat rate in 2015, and have been grandfathered in, such that I do not pay a monthly fee for using the software. I would like to add a family subscription to my account. How do I do that, and what happens to my account? Will I start having to pay a monthly fee for my account in addition to the family account fee. Can I keep this account (without a monthly fee) while adding a family subscription for the rest of my family (4 people)? Do these accounts need to be separate? How would I integrate the two accounts?

Thank you

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:adding family plan to existing single account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @debheller19,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'd be happy to help you with those questions.

I bought 1 password for a flat rate in 2015, and have been grandfathered in, such that I do not pay a monthly fee for using the software.

You aren't grandfathered in, you're just using a different product. Our 1Password memberships are subscription services with an annual (or monthly) fee. That is not what you have. You have a standalone license for a single person to use a single version of 1Password. :)

I would like to add a family subscription to my account. How do I do that, and what happens to my account? Will I start having to pay a monthly fee for my account in addition to the family account fee.

1Password Families is a subscription membership service. You can learn more about it here:

Families - 1Password

Can I keep this account (without a monthly fee) while adding a family subscription for the rest of my family (4 people)? Do these accounts need to be separate? How would I integrate the two accounts?

It wouldn't make sense to do so, as the subscription fee is the same for either 4 or 5 people, so you might as well take advantage of the membership.

You can learn about the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And you can learn about how to migrate to a membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.