Search for text within Secure Notes

This discussion was created from comments split from: [Feature Request] Secure Notes Rich Formatting.

Comments

• RobDugas
    RobDugas
    Community Member

When we do a search, it would be nice that the search key would be highlighted in yellow inside the Secure Notes content body.
    I sometimes use long text and when I search, I have to read the whole thing to find the reference to my search key.
    In some cases, I have to copy all to clipboard, paste to word, and search there.

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member

@RobDugas probably best to start a different thread for that comment. Has nothing to do with my original post

• Hi guys,

Thanks for writing in.

@RobDugas, yep, that'd be nice to be able to highlight text that matches your search and it is something we'd like to do in the future. Thanks for letting us know this would be useful for you.

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

Is it possible to search for text in the secure notes in windows? This thread seems to imply it might be, but that it's not highlighting all the occurrences of the match?

• @matty666: If you search 1Password for Windows, secure notes that include your search term will show in the results, but we're still working on the highlighting aspect of things. :chuffed:

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

Oh, I see now! yes, my mistake was assuming that it was only searching in the section the search box is in - the list of items, rather than the content of the items as well. Cool!

Yes definitely highlighting the searched for term would be great, and maybe somehow allowing me to jump through each one would be even better! :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@matty666: We are just getting started. ;) Please stay tuned for our future updates, it will only get better in the future.

Cheers,
    Greg

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

Great! Thanks!

• No problem at all! :chuffed: :+1:

• PC1P
    PC1P
    Community Member

Hi 1P people... is there any update on this please? I'm new to 1P and the lack of being able to see the searched-for text highlighted in the secure note is a deal-breaker for me.
    Phil

• Nothing to share as yet, @PC1P, but we are about to polish off a fairly long development cycle (just a moment, finding some wood to knock on lest I jinx us ... okay, all good) so hopefully we'll have some more exciting things to share before too long as we get back to our quicker release schedule. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.