To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I bought a license from the Mac App store and want to use it also on my Windows laptop

Options
mmooij
mmooij
Community Member

I bought a license from the Mac App store and want to use it also on my Windows laptop, is that possible?
And how do I sync then? Now I use icloud.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: MacOS 10.13
Sync Type: iCLoud
Referrer: forum-search:license mac app store windows

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hey @mmooij -- thanks for the question. While they would each be a separate purchase, it's possible that you purchased both already. Rather than discuss purchase details in a public forum like this, let us know and we can take this conversation to email at support@1password.com

• mmooij
    mmooij
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, I bought the Mac-version in 2012 (june) and paid 31,99 dollar. A couple of months later I bought the ios version for 6,99.
    Does that apply? Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@mmooij -- unfortunately not. That's (at least) five years ago; those licenses are for very old versions of 1Password, and none are for Windows at any rate. At that time, we were selling 1Password on a per-person and per-platform basis, meaning that anyone who wanted to use 1Password on more than one type of device needed a license for EACH platform.

The best way to use all of the current versions of 1Password right now would be to subscribe to a 1Password membership. In addition to providing you with data hosting, scheduled offsite backups and rock-solid sync service, you also get unlimited access to all four of our native applications for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android, including all future upgrades, for as long as you maintain the account! That means no matter what configuration of devices you have now OR in the future, you'll always be able to have 1Password with you. :) You can go to the main 1Password sign-up page and try a full 30-day trial of a membership. Let us know if you have any questions!

ref: MKH-79415-697

This discussion has been closed.