Tags: It would be great, when the tags would NOT be case sensitive.

Options

Example: I have a Tag named 'apple' and another tag name 'Apple'
in the Windows-app now I have therefore TWO lines under the TAGS-Tab. At this Point it would be great, when there would be no difference in the lines. The search-Function seems also not to be case sensitive.
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.4577
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Tag:I would like, when the Tags woult NOT be Case sensitive

Comments

• Hi @jochen2d,

Thanks for writing in.

That is correct as your data is case sensitive in 1Password. While it may seem like there is no difference, it is a huge difference to 1Password since each tag has its own ID that 1Password uses, not by its name as it has to be encrypted.

In the next update, 1Password 6.8 will let you search by tags with tag: filter and it will be case sensitive, so tag:apple only returns items that is tagged with apple and not Apple. You cannot search for the specific tags in the current stable 1Password 6.7, you'd have to click on the tag first.

We do plan to add bulk editing support for tags, so that you could rename apple to Apple and it'll be merged into the same Apple tag list.

• jochen2d
    jochen2d
    Community Member
    Options

hi MikeT,
    that sounds great to me.
    It would be also a posibility, do to a switch in the preferences, if tags should be sortet/used case sensitive or not. So everybody can use it like he wants. (my sillty tags came from moving from the old version, where tags does not matter in this way)

• Hi @jochen2d,

We'll take it under consideration but our plans are to simplify 1Password with doing more with less options. Too many options have caused more problems than being useful.

This discussion has been closed.