Changed Secret Key and now iOS app won't accept new secret key

petedavisuk
petedavisuk
Community Member

Changed secret key, successfully set up account on iMac and MacBook. iOS app now asks me to sign in on login. It has retained the old secret key, and is not letting me log in on prompt. I still have access and have some passwords in there that have not synced back to the new secret key accounts.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changed Secret Key and now iOS app won't accept new secret key

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @petedavisuk! Sorry to hear you're having troubles just now. I could be wrong here, but from the way you wrote things, it sounds like you might have meant you changed your Master Password, not the Secret Key. Could that be the case? Did you actually open your 1password.com account in a browser, click your name, choose Manage Sign-In Details, then click Regenerate Secret Key? Or are you referring to something else?

• petedavisuk
    petedavisuk
    Community Member

Thanks @lars I lost my secret key, had a new one created through the team member process and now the iOS app isn't accepting it.

• @petedavisuk

You may need to uninstall & reinstall 1Password for iOS then. Please note that this will erase any 1Password data not saved to your 1Password.com account.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• petedavisuk
    petedavisuk
    Community Member

Yeah that worked fine. I had to manually copy down the ones I'd added to iOS that hadn't synced across, but it's working now. Thanks

• You’re very welcome. Glad to hear that resolved the issue for you. Have a good weekend, and if we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.