Feature Request: add support for HEIC image format

Options
tmchow
tmchow
Community Member

Ios 11 added support for HEIC is mage format. It’s turned on by default.

When I try to add a HEIC image to a 1password entry, the behavior is odd. It shows as “(deleted item)”.

I’d like to get this fully supported.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmchow: Do you mean HEIF? It's something we'll look into. Can you be more specific about what you're seeing? That definitely sounds like something we need to fix. Thanks!

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I meant HEIF.

I just tried to repro it now to take a screenshot and couldn’t repro this time. I think it’s because I may have hit “back” while the item was uploading and maybe that caused the issue?

Another 2 bugs I found just now are following:

1. After you choose the item to attach you are returned to the item screen and if I just sit there nothing is shown as attached.

1. After I went back to main List and clicked on item I’m shown th item with no way to get back to List. Look at top left corner.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmchow: Aha! Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, if the upload cannot complete for some reason, the partial file will not be kept. I actually wasn't sure if you were right or I was initially, as HEIF is new to me too! Looking into this more, I see that 1) my iPhone actually supports this (I didn't think it could), .heic is apparently a standard file extension for this, but weirdly it's showing up as .jpg for me in some cases.

I just tested this to be sure, and it appears that 1Password uploads and displays these files just fine (which I'd expect, since this is handled by the OS). It uploaded super fast even on my flaky connection, so it may be that you have a better camera generating a larger file than me. I just don't have time to hit "Back"! And while 1Password showed the item list briefly after uploading, it immediately went to the detail view of the new Document. It sounds like you're seeing something different though.

So I guess I have two questions:

1. Are you able to reproduce the first problem at any time? Knowing the exact steps would be great!
    2. Are you able to with the second problem as well? I know I've seen similar behaviour to that from time to time, but it doesn't seem to be limited to Documents.

If you're seeing something like this often, it would be great to get diagnostics and possibly a video. Let me know!

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@brenty I’m able to reproduce this constantly even with jpeg from my camera roll. It’s super frustrating I can’t add attachments.

See this screenshot

If I try to tap on it nothing happens. If I go to edit this is what I see

IF I search my documents for the filename referenced in the edit screen it actually was uploaded. Just not correctly linked to

• Ben
    Options

@tmchow

Does this happen even when connected to the cellular network, and not connected to a VPN or proxy server?

Please let us know.

Ben

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben yes.

• Ben
    Options

@tmchow,

That is a bit of a head scratcher. I’m having no difficulty creating Documents from the Camera Roll on 1Password 6.9.1 on either my iPhone or iPad (both running iOS 11.0.3).

Does this work if you do it from the 1Password.com website, instead of from the 1Password for iOS app?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.