To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I use the desktop app for two different accounts?

david_tempcfo
david_tempcfo
Community Member

I am a consultant and have two clients with 1Password Accounts. I can only get the desktop app to load one account. How do I configure it to sign in to either account? Or how do I use 1Password to save information to the right account?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I use the desktop app for two different accounts?

Comments

• Hi @david_tempcfo,

You can add a second 1Password account in 1Password for Mac under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Use the plus button to add an account.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• david_tempcfo
    david_tempcfo
    Community Member

I added the account and created the vault. Now I see both in 1Password 6. But I have to use the client password to log in to the account. Is the second company vault secure? What happens if the client changes the password?

• @david_tempcfo,

1Password unlocks using the Master Password of the first 1Password account added to it. If you’d prefer to use your own Master Password you’d need your own account, and to add that one to 1Password first (you can reset 1Password from the lock screen by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• david_tempcfo
    david_tempcfo
    Community Member

ok thanks

• You’re very welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Have a good weekend!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.