1Password does not reload after new identity saved [Fixed in 6.8.473 update]

richardevs
richardevs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

It has been happening since the last few Beta updates, begins from the version which had a bug that Chrome plugin could not 'Save Login', my 1Password will not show any new item until I restart the whole thing. So it had been saved, but 1Password did not reload.

And the Chrome 'Save Login' is still buggy too, I clicked it once the window did not disappeared so I click again, and now I got two identical items in my 1Password.

1Password Version: 6.8.BETA-469
Extension Version: 4.6.12.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

Another bug:
    When I'm trying to sign up for www.movic.jp, I finished the forms and click confirm, there should be a confirmation page for me to confirm all the inputs, somehow 1Password skipped that page for me and it automatically goes back to their front page, ( and my sign up failed ) this is the place where 1Password prompts 'Save Login' windows twice.

• Hi @richardevs,

Thanks for reporting this.

So it had been saved, but 1Password did not reload.

Correct, 1Password didn't refresh the database properly. This is a known bug that will be fixed in a few beta updates. For now, after saving a new Login item, lock and unlock the app, it'll refresh the database.

And the Chrome 'Save Login' is still buggy too, I clicked it once the window did not disappeared so I click again, and now I got two identical items in my 1Password.

We'll look into it, I haven't seen this one yet but that sounds like the database was busy doing something else but it didn't disable the button to let you know it is processing it. We are optimizing this in the next update to reduce the bottlenecks.

) this is the place where 1Password prompts 'Save Login' windows twice.

This is likely the same issue with the Save Login window, it is being held up by a bottleneck somewhere in the database. The next few beta updates will address this.

somehow 1Password skipped that page for me and it automatically goes back to their front page, ( and my sign up failed ) this is the place where 1Password prompts 'Save Login' windows twice.

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet but we'll keep trying. Thanks for letting us know.

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@MikeT
    Howdy I have recorded a video with a demo of how the 'Save Login' window pop twice.
    This time, the 'goes back to front page' problem did not occur, so that should be fine by now.
    May I have an e-mail address to sent to?

• @richardevs: You can send it to support+windows@agilebits.com. You should receive a reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID as well and if you share that here, it'll make it easier for us to hunt the video down. Thanks! :chuffed:

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@bundtkate
    Howdy!
    The support ID is [#FHF-69118-825].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: FHF-69118-825

This discussion has been closed.