A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Comments

• ForbQuiet
    ForbQuiet
    Community Member

Any updates on invites? I signed up...eagerly awaiting testing this out on Ubuntu!!! Thanks for the great work :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ForbQuiet: You'll hear from us in your inbox once we've replied to others who contacted us earlier. ;)

• tvdsluijs
    tvdsluijs
    Community Member

I have been using the beta for a few weeks now and it works great! But.... I've had to reinstall and lost the beta. Can I have it back... please please please

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tvdsluijs: You can reinstall it from the link you were originally sent. It's a private beta, so we're not going to post it publicly here in the forum. ;)

• tvdsluijs
    tvdsluijs
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I deleted that mail :-( searched for it, than posted my message on this forum that I was lost

• Roughly how long does it take to get an invite? I signed up for the trial today, but I can't really evaluate it until I have this extension for my Linux usage.

• @Panopticon: It all depends on how many sign-ups we've gotten recently, but certainly you'll get yours well before your trial is over. We do our best to stay on top of the list and get invites out ASAP. :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tvdsluijs: Ah, sorry about that. I double-checked here and was able to find the original email @beyer sent you (wasn't sure I'd have access to it), so I'll resend that in a minute. :)

ref: QQR-86536-238

• dradma
    dradma
    Community Member

I signed up for the beta over a week ago and I've been waiting patiently for an invite. Should it take this long or did something go wrong? I've been hoping for reasonable Linux compatibility for years. :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dradma: Sorry about the delay. You should have an email from me now, but let me know if it doesn't arrive.

I hope you have a pleasant week. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• itszero
    itszero
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Hey @beyer: sorry for piling on about this. I've been waiting for a week too and Linux support is one of the reason I've decided to come back to the 1Password ecosystem. Would you mind check it for me? Thanks! :smile:

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@itszero: You should have a message in your inbox as well, but let me know if you don't get it.

Cheers!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• dradma
    dradma
    Community Member

@beyer: Got it, thanks!

• itszero
    itszero
    Community Member

Just got it now! Thank you very much!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're both very welcome. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to try out 1Password for Chrome!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• codyneil97
    codyneil97
    Community Member

I received an invite in my email, but when I clicked the link I was taken to a page that just had:

Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that.

I'm logged into my account on discussions.agilebits.com, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is there something I need to do?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@codyneil97: Sorry about that. Try again. :)

• ReubenTalbott
    ReubenTalbott
    Community Member

I got the email after sighing up but when I try to accses the forum it gives me this.

• ReubenTalbott
    ReubenTalbott
    Community Member

I signed up and got the email but when I try to access the forum it gives me this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ReubenTalbott: Sorry about that. I believe I was able to fix it. Let me know if you have any further issues. :)

• ReubenTalbott
    ReubenTalbott
    Community Member

Thanks its working now. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! I appreciate you confirming. :chuffed:

• lukas_paceup
    lukas_paceup
    Community Member

Hi! We're currently considering to move our whole team from LastPass to 1Password due to the terrible (terrible!) UX and non-intuitive password management. However, our dev team works solely on Linux - so obviously I quickly ended up on this thread. The team is very small and I would love to register them collectively as I manage the transition. Is that possible?

Also, do you have a schedule for when the Chrome Extension will be released?

• alansmodic
    alansmodic
    Community Member

Love Chrome OS and got my Pixelbook yesterday. Thrilled to try this out - submitted application for beta yesterday. 1Password team, thank you so much for developing support for Chrome OS. Happy to help out!

• tsnilsen
    tsnilsen
    Community Member

I'm looking forward to trying this out on my chromebook, signed up for the Beta yesterday. Any idea how long it should take before I get access?

• Mercy80
    Mercy80
    Community Member

OMG! YES!

I just bought laptop and installed Ubuntu in it. Then i release that 1password havent linux support. BUT then found this awesome private beta. Send already beta request, now i have to wait :blush: :+1: Thank you 1password

• cryptomoonshot
    cryptomoonshot
    Community Member

Hi, I'm new here. Could someone please point me to where I can get 1password for linux beta? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Hi! We're currently considering to move our whole team from LastPass to 1Password due to the terrible (terrible!) UX and non-intuitive password management. However, our dev team works solely on Linux - so obviously I quickly ended up on this thread. The team is very small and I would love to register them collectively as I manage the transition. Is that possible?

@lukas_paceup: Definitely check out our getting started guide for admins:

Administrators: Get started with 1Password Teams

And don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@1password.com if you have any account-related questions. :)

Also, do you have a schedule for when the Chrome Extension will be released?

We don't announce release dates. It will be ready once it's finished, but you're welcome to join the private beta in the mean time — and have you feedback impact it. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cryptomoonshot: Welcome! Thanks for coming! Please see Dave's announcement here for more details:

A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Cheers! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@alansmodic, @tsnilsen, @Mercy80: Yep! We'll get back to you as soon as we can. :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.