1PW syncing issues between Desktop & i0S

Options
mtnbeach
mtnbeach
Community Member
edited October 2017 in iOS

Hi team!

I've had some issues syncing my 1PW in iPhone & Mac desktop in recent past & think I discovered part of the problem. Looking for advice how to fix this & hope you can help. It is highly likely that my Phone is using an older iOS 1PW version (v4) but I'm not certain that's the problem. :( (See below for more details). If it's the wrong version as suspected, I need help how to I uninstall or delete the old one (or reconcile the platform versions + App Store if applicable) & install the right version so they'll sync properly.

Problem

• When I sync my phone's 1PW app, it updates quickly but does not match the version on my desktop.
  • My desktop 1PW syncs quickly & saves to Dropbox.
  • The location settings in preferences are correct on both my desktop & iOS: Dropbox folder & file.

• When I back up my Phone's 1PW - I discovered it backs up to a 1PW4 folder in my User System Library (hidden).

• I hadn't realized that this is where it backs up to and so that may be the problem - Phone's 1PW is not version 6 but v.4.
  • Either way, my iOS syncs quickly, with location correct as Dropbox but the 1PW logins are not identical to my desktop versions.

A couple more details:

• I'd downloaded various versions for my different devices with a paid family licence.
  • I think but am not 100% sure, that I when I downloaded the family stand alone from Agile/1PW, I downloaded most or all platform versions from the site & not the App Store.
  • My App Store account - is & was not listing my previous 1PW purchase for iphone (Not sure about my ipad but previously wasn't showing).
  • (i.e.) App Store does not show my iOS 1PW purchase nor 1PW version.
  • The iOS app also doesn't show up in "Updates" or "Purchases"

• Separate note: I had tried the trial 1PW online but discontinued it. Not sure if there's any relationship.

• There were some previous conflicts that a family member's iPhone had after trying the trial online but that was solved by Agile or figured out.

Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Mac: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.3 (683005); iOS 1PW
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@mtnbeach,

Are you still signed into the trial 1Password.com membership on any of your devices? That could certainly cause such a problem.

On iOS you can check under 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts
    On Mac the options are under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts

Please let us know.

Ben

• mtnbeach
    mtnbeach
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben & thanks for the reply.

No, I am not signed into the .com membership on either devices.

• Ben
    Options

Hmm. In that case the best I could suggest would be to run through this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Also: if you were previously using a 1Password membership with 1Password for iOS then you have to have v6 of 1Password. Memberships didn’t work with version prior to v6. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mtnbeach
    mtnbeach
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben & thanks. :)

Icon on my phone looks like D. (very flat & iOS version is 11.0.3)

Hmmn. That doesn't explain why a) the backup would be in Library "1PW 4" folder; and
    b) Main problem syncing - Phone 1PW doesn't sync/ update.

Any other suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

• Ben
    Options

@mtnbeach

1Password 4 through 1Password 6 for Mac use the same “1Password 4” folder.

Did you see this guide re: syncing issue?

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Ben

• mtnbeach
    mtnbeach
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again Ben. :)

Thanks for the reply & the link. I'll check that out, thanks! :)

• mtnbeach
    mtnbeach
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again Ben,
    Thanks for your tip & link! It seems that my Dropbox disappearing from my system tray (top tool bar) was the problem.
    Downloaded Dropbox again as per the instructions & on quick review (a couple 1PW logins), it now seems to sync properly w/ my phone. Yay!

If I notice anything is not working properly, I'll check back in. Thanks again for your help! :) Very much appreciated.
    Have a great Sunday!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @mtnbeach. Glad to hear you were able to get it working. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.