Setting up multiple iPhone users with existing "Family License" (for Windows and Mac)

njnagy
njnagy
Community Member

I have a "family license" (for both Windows and Mac) purchased in 2014, and I also purchased the "Pro Features" for my iPhone. My spouse would also like to now start using 1Password (on her iPhone). We would like to share my existing vault (sync via Dropbox), but would probably want to create individual vaults as well. Is this possible, and if yes, what is the proper setup procedure?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:adding spouse to family account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@njnagy: Licenses are only available for the desktop apps, not mobile versions; those are sold through their respective app stores, so cross-licensing is impossible and does not apply. You can purchase the app individually for each person, and share vaults using Dropbox, configured separately on each device.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password Families membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits, including simple sharing between family members:

Share 1Password with your family

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.