Vault Use best setup?

jasperx
jasperx
Community Member

I was interested in using vaults to put a subset of my main vault data on iOS devices. The idea is to replicate a few logins for the handhelds. I got it set up and it seemed to be fine. One day a password was changed in the main vault for one of the replicated accounts in the iOS vault. Imagine my surprise in discovering that the password was not updated in the iOS vault. Yikes!
A quick tour through preferences and I don't see where there is a setting to insure "sync" occurs from Master to the other Vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jasperx: Items copied from one vault to another will not update when the item they were copied from updates. That said, with the All Vaults view, it's safe to delete the originals (in the vault you don't want synced to your mobile devices). You'll see your iOS vault on your computer in addition to your main vault, so the All Vaults view will mirror your original vault. This will prevent any duplicates from showing in All Vaults and ensure the item syncing to your mobile devices is properly updated. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.