iOS Tumblr app login procedures

Options
losgatosbob
losgatosbob
Community Member

I've gone through all the support documentation I can find (several times) but can't find the procedure for login to apps that have a 2-page login. Particularly in Tumblr, I need to manually enter my email address before I can go to the next page where the 1PW icon appears to auto enter the password. Is this the correct procedure for Tumblr?

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @losgatosbob,

I’m not personally familiar with Tumblr’s iOS app, but if they don’t show the 1Password icon until you get to the second page... I would assume that you’re correct: that is how they expect you to login. Note that it would be possible for them to have it on the first page, and for it to fill both fields, but it would be up to Tumblr to implement that.

Ben

• losgatosbob
    losgatosbob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. Your confirmation is helpful while I familiarize myself with 1PW’s features.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Better than nothing, but I agree it's an odd (and confusing, from a user perspective) choice. There's definitely not an option to use 1Password on the "email" page, and it told me right off the bat that "That email doesn't have a Tumblr account"...which seems like a terrible idea. I suspect that they want to make you sign up for one right of the bat if you don't. And this animation is freaking me out, man. Cheers! :crazy:

This discussion has been closed.