How can we get Edge to dialog with 1P ?

I have just installed 1P application on my new Surface Pro 4.
In order to be able to use it, I have migrated my data from Dropbox to a new 1P subscription.
Now I would like to get the Edge "extension" as I can get on a Mac computer.
Strangely enough, when I go into the menu of the application options, Under "browser" if I click "install the browser extension" it brings me to a download page where Edge cannot be found in the list.
If you try to get the extension from the extension menu within Edge, it brings you to another part where you apparently get the extension but linked to an older version of the 1P application... refusing to launch.
So this a kind of very strange endless loop!?

Can you assist me in getting the Edge browser of my Surface to work with 1P please.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: probably 4
OS Version: Win 10 Pro French
Sync Type: 1P subscription

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Didiko,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Please try to install 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge directly from Microsoft Store and let me know if it works.

I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Didiko
    Didiko
    Community Member

Yes this is precisely what I am describing in the second part of my message.
    You are then downloading first like another version of the 1P app and then the extension does appear in the Edge menu bar.
    In this configuration, it works but the result is a bit strange as you get twice the 1P icon in your start menu for example.
    Nothing critical, just a bit strange at first sight.

• Hi @Didiko,

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

While we cannot remove 1Password extension for Edge from the start menu (it is not an option available to us), we can try to improve with what we can, such as updating 1Password browser settings about the new Edge extension to reduce some of the confusion.

What you're seeing is actually two separate 1Password apps. The 1Password extension is a Windows Store (UWP) app with the extension built into it, not a simple browser extension. The UWP app is used to allow the 1Password extension within Edge to communicate to our desktop program since the extension itself has no UI or data in it.

Microsoft's polices for Edge is that all Edge extensions must be in the Windows Store. Thus, it can't be hosted on our site and we can't install it for you like other extensions we have. We'll try to explain this process within the desktop program to help guide our users.

Thank you once again!

This discussion has been closed.