To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I'm having trouble migrating my account from a 1Password for Mac to a Family License

Options
kshermo1
kshermo1
Community Member

I just purchased a family license but when I log on to the 1Password website, none of my logins are there. When I use the 1Password app and tiny icon at the top of Safari, my logins are there. But I sense something is not quite right with my new license

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm having trouble migrating my account from a 1Password for Mac to a Family License

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @kshermo1 :)
    Sorry for the trouble. How were you syncing your 1Password data before this? Was it a 3rd party method like iCloud or Dropbox or did you have a 1Password.com individual account?

If you had a standalone vault synced through Dropbox or iCloud or were not syncing at all, you need to migrate your data to your new account.

If you had an individual 1Password.com account, you simply need to move the items from one account to the other.

Hope that helps. Let me know if it doesn't and I will see what I can do. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kshermo1 -- @Corey_C is quite right with his recommendations, but to perhaps clarify what's confusing you about the current situation, there is a difference between local vaults and 1password.com vaults. Looking in our back office, it seems as if you may have taken Corey's suggestion and gotten your data migrated over. Can you let us know if you still need assistance, or if you're all set now? Thanks in advance.

• kshermo1
    kshermo1
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still having trouble. When I click on the 1password icon at the top of the Safari browser, every login shows up twice. Sorry. I know I'm probably missing something simple that you've already told me. Thank you for your patience and help. Ken

• kshermo1
    kshermo1
    Community Member
    Options

I think I am making progress. I have migrated my logins to my family license. But now I am having difficulty deleting my old "primary vault". According to the instructions on the website: "To remove your old Primary vault, choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose 1Password menu > Delete Vault." However, the "Delete Vault" option is greyed out and I can not select it.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

@kshermo1 try this: Open up 1Password and go to Preferences>Advanced, at the bottom, there should be an "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" checkbox. Is that greyed out too or can you uncheck it. If you can uncheck it, that will accomplish the same thing in deleting your primary vault.

Cheers. :)

• kshermo1
    kshermo1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Corey, but the checkbox is greyed out.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@kshermo1 under the checkbox, does it say why it is greyed out? Perhaps something about you having several vaults outside of your account? If you have more than one standalone vault, you will have to delete those ones first before you can delete your primary vault.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@kshermo1 -- If you have anything more than the single, Primary vault, you won't be able to un-check that box. You can delete other, secondary, vaults by selecting them in the Vault Menu (top left of your main window in 1Password for Mac) and then choosing the 1Password menu item in the menubar > "Delete [name of] Vault." Let us know if you need further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.