1Password 4 (standalone version)

Options

Hello,
I installed Chrome on my Ubuntu and the 1Password-Login.
Now 1Password directs me to a login Site (https://my.1password.com/signin?auto=1) but I have no login credentials.

Can't I use 1Password on ubuntu?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@uran235: As Dave mentioned in his announcement, the beta Chrome extension works only with 1Password.com accounts:

A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

• uran235
    uran235
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. I keep using it on Windows7 then,of course.
    But on Ubuntu I use keepass then. Maybe 2 safes are are an good Idea 8-)

• Thanks for letting us know, @uran235. I'm curious why you want to stay with 1Password 4 on Windows when 1Password 7 has so many new tricks up its sleeve. Along with support for this new Chrome extension on Linux, I was hoping you'd be jumping in with both feet :)

Can you elaborate on why you're deciding to stick with version 4?

Thanks!

• uran235
    uran235
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe you are right, I have had always good trust and never had problems wit 1Pas 4. It worked perfectly for me.
    But I think it over whether to make an upgrade,then... :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@uran235: Ah, totally! I feel the same way!! I love when I have a setup that works for me, and frankly I tend to want to stick with it: as they say, “if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it!” So when we first started testing 1Password for Teams (yep, back in 2015 — before it was called 1Password Teams, and we had 1Password Families and individual 1Password.com accounts!) I figured I’d still stick with my standalone apps and Dropbox sync setup for personal use...

But when I had tried using a 1Password.com account for a bit I quickly realized how much more convenient it is, and how much time it was saving me — and how big a difference it would make with my family using 1Password. Definitely check it out, and let me know if you have any questions about how it works or setting it up. Even if you aren’t quite ready to switch, it can be fun trying new things — which is probably why you were adventurous enough to sign up for the beta in the first place. Cheers! :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.