[6.8.473] SGX Checkbox Missing or Gone? [Not gone]

Options
AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

SGX used to be there (and I enabled it), but in the new UI I can't find it. Not under security not under advanced. Is it automatically set now? No mention of anything in the release notes.

Edit: It was there after I did a refresh of the UI. Hmmm...

1Password Version: 6.8.473
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

Thanks for reporting this.

Were you able to reproduce this? I see SGX option show up in the Advanced settings right away.

Maybe there was a delay to detecting the SGX support as we do not show the option unless SGX is supported on the machine. However it shouldn't even take a microsecond to detect, on my machine, it took 00:00:00.1875000 seconds (we do log this).

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    Options

@MikeT lol.... yeah, it had been opened for a bit and then I got curious about seeing how the settings had changed. I only have one device with this feature (my low-end laptop has it, but the high-end desktop does not ugg). Oddly, or perhaps importantly, it is the same device that would not recognize the update we chatted about in the other thread.

After I check that my hockeyapp address is there, I will uninstall the beta, see if I can find the prior beta, install that and then upgrade. See if it recognizes the upgrade this time and if SGX is seen after the upgrade to the latest beta.

• Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

The link to download the previous beta update is here. Note I'd recommend making a copy of your 1Password data folder just in case, you can find it in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\ directory.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    Options

OK, uninstalled. Reinstalled lower beta version. Upgraded to next version (in-app upgrade, maybe I shouldn't have. Downloaded it the other day). SGX showed when I looked under settings. Dunno.

• That is weird. Maybe some kind of system glitch on your computer? Given the issue you had with the update in the other thread it tells me Windows was being grumpy.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    Options

Anything is possible.... lol... I'll be sensitive to it next beta update.

• :+1: Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.