Favorites view also shows items that are not favorites

holgr
holgr
Community Member

Maybe this is a wanted feature, because it's showing recently used items (which can indeed be helpful!), but then the tab shouldn't be called "Favorites" anymore?

1Password Version: 6.10 (61000004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1b3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @holgr ,

It shows the last 3 used items plus the favourites. Unfortunately, "Recents and Favourites" doesn't fit on an iPhone. :wink:

We're still tweaking that feature a bit, so the feature, or the tab name could change in the future.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• dmkahn
    dmkahn
    Community Member

this was an odd and unexpected change IMHO. Can you consider providing a control to disable adding recently used items to the favorites "page"? Another "page" for recently used items might be better IMO.

-David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dmkahn: It's something we can consider. We're just not super keen about adding a bunch of preferences, and we've received mostly positive feedback about this change so far.

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Hi. I keep important and urgent info, documents and logins in the Favourites tab for quick access. Now, if I look at any other obscure site, it populates the Favourites tab. Most of the changes you guys implement are great but so much of this stuff seems to be just 'tinkering' for no good reason.
    You may not be keen on adding a bunch of preferences for customers but the need to keep changing things around for what I can see as no good or practical reason, is just adding a bunch of stuff for the sake of it.
    As I said, most of the things you guys add in are great but please give us a choice when you make changes to the 'filing system' rather than just overpopulating a defined 'folder'.
    For what it's worth, so many apps are now vomiting various content into every area without any real or logical demarcation, and the end user doesn't get a choice of what they want to see or not see any more.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PJ1: I hear you. And certainly any change runs the risk of upsetting the status quo. I get where you're coming from, but at the same time this doesn't detract from Favorites; it only adds to it. We're not done here though, so it's great to get feedback on this new feature so we can continue to refine it. :)

• scottferros
    scottferros
    Community Member

Love 1Password, it's a great app. I'd also like to weigh in here on the recently used items in the favourites list; I do not like this at all. When I go to my favourites list, all I want to see is my specifically flagged favourites for quick access, not my history, or recently used items. My recently used items are not my favourites, and the label "favourites" doesn't mean recently used to me. IMO, recently used should be on a screen of their own or, at least, put/listed below the favourited items as they are not the primary content pieces or purpose of this screen. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the feedback. We're working on something I think you might like. ;)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone,

There's a related parallel discussion happening over here:

New favourites screen also shows recents?

Feel free to leave further comments over there; I'm closing this one now. :)

This discussion has been closed.