Bug: Showing logins in unrelated fields/places

Options

This is a bug I found. When i login to my router, there's a few buttons which show the iPassword icon. What's weird is that it shows it on buttons instead of fields, after I've already logged in.

I don't think I've ever seen this with other versions of the app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rikere,

We've recently launched our inline filling feature, so you'll see some inconsistencies on how well it works across sites. In general, you should only see the 1Password logo on forms that have a password field. For a router, it's possible they would have a password filed for something like WPA which could inadvertently enable 1Password for the whole page (if it's one forum). You can disable the 1Password inline menu by clicking the 1Password logo.

Unfortunately, it's way easier for us to test and fix websites that are publicly available. However, if you let me know the model of your router, I might be able to find someone to recreate it on our end.

Have a great week!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• rikere
    rikere
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Andrew,

I'm using Asus Rc-AC66U Routers running the Merlin firmware (which is basically the stock firmware with some patches applied, same GUI). I believe the whole AC-6X line basically runs the same firmware, so any of that line of routers should experience the same glitch.

In my case, it occurred on the VPN Client page, showing on the add/remove buttons. The router itself has multiple pages, one for each function.

Strangely, I installed the extension on my windows machine too (I love it). And the issue doesn't occur there, only on linux.

Let me know if you can't find anyone with one of that line of routers, I can setup remote desktop or something for you to poke at it (it's a popular line of routers).

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rikere: Thanks for the additional information. I'll check to see if someone has one we can test. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.