Can't start up 1Password6 App on Android 8 with local storage vault

Jassword
Jassword
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Android

I have a copy of my vault sitting in a directory I created on my Android 8.0.0 phone. I install 1Password 6 and try to start it with the local storage option. I select the 1Password.opvault folder but it just drills down to the "default" subfolder and clicking on that just gives me an error saying it can't find the vault. How do I get 1Password6 to use that local vault? I can get it to start with a copy of the same 1Password.opvault folder manually copied over to Dropbox, but not in this local folder on my phone. What is it looking for when I select "local storage" after installing and starting up 1Password6?

I originally put the vault in that folder by extracting it from a zip file that I created from the vault on my Windows computer.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: local storage

Comments

• Hi @Jassword. :)

To sync with local storage from Android your vault will be in the .agilekeychain format. Do you have a copy of your vault in that format on your PC?

• Jassword
    Jassword
    Community Member

No, I don't. As I recall, that was an old format that I converted to the newer .opvault format. So you are telling me that the latest 1Password 6 app on Android is still only capable of using the older format for the local storage vault? I bet you support the .opvault format for local storage vault on the iOS app, right?

Is there a way to convert back?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

No, I don't. As I recall, that was an old format that I converted to the newer .opvault format. So you are telling me that the latest 1Password 6 app on Android is still only capable of using the older format for the local storage vault?

@Jassword: Yes. OPVault works only with Dropbox sync.

I bet you support the .opvault format for local storage vault on the iOS app, right?

No. 1Password for iOS uses an internal database, and similarly can sync with an OPVault in Dropbox. There is no "local storage sync" option on iOS.

Is there a way to convert back?

Yep! If you don't have attachments, in 1Password for Windows version 4 you can copy your data to the clipboard and paste it directly into a new AgileKeychain vault. Otherwise, if you have attachments, use the same method as you did to migrate to OPVault, but use an AgileKeychain as the new target vault instead.

OPVault conversion

This discussion has been closed.