using teams account on macos/ios with duo integration

pmidge
pmidge
Community Member

Hi!

I upgraded my personal account to teams, enabled Duo MFA, and have it working when I log into the 1Password website. I do not receive a Duo notification when I log in to the iOS and MacOS 1Password apps. Is Duo supported with those apps, if not, is it planned?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Duo is supported from within 1Password.com and not the 1Password apps so you won't see any Duo prompts from the standalone versions.

• pmidge
    pmidge
    Community Member

Thanks! Any idea if/when support is planned?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

As far as I can tell, but you will have to wait for Agilebits support confirmation, there is no plan to support Duo Prompt in the standalone apps.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi @pmidge -- Thanks for the question! We do have Duo integration enabled, but it's only accessible through 1Password's web app right now, and I've nothing to share on whether or when you'll see it in the native applications.

• It is the main reason Duo integration is still listed as a beta feature.

• pmidge
    pmidge
    Community Member

Understood. Consider this a +1 for support in the native apps. Thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Consider your +1 noted @pmidge! We greatly appreciate you letting us know this is a feature you care about.

I hope you have a pleasant week.

• matth1jd
    matth1jd
    Community Member

I'll +1 this one as well. Thanks!

• Thanks!

Ben

• DariusR
    DariusR
    Community Member

+3 from the three different Teams accounts I manage.

Your 2-Factor based encryption is great, but without 2-Factor authentication, SSO integration, and GeoIP blocking through DuoSecurity, we would have to drop 1Password Teams in all three organizations.

We are using this beta functionality with the expectation that you'll eventually bake it into the mobile and desktop applications. Until then we are forcing employees to use their browsers only.

This has proven incredibly precarious given your recent 1Password Teams outage that has yet to receive any sort of substantive post-mortem or update as to what actually happened and how you're going to prevent it in the future.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

+3 from the three different Teams accounts I manage. Your 2-Factor based encryption is great, but without 2-Factor authentication, SSO integration, and GeoIP blocking through DuoSecurity, we would have to drop 1Password Teams in all three organizations.

@DariusR: Multiple posts all over the place regarding the same thing aren't necessary or helpful, but thanks for letting us know!

We are using this beta functionality with the expectation that you'll eventually bake it into the mobile and desktop applications. Until then we are forcing employees to use their browsers only.

That's not a reasonable expectation. It's beta for a reason. It may go the way you want, but it is not guaranteed that we won't remove this beta feature if it doesn't prove satisfactory to us and our customers.

This has proven incredibly precarious given your recent 1Password Teams outage that has yet to receive any sort of substantive post-mortem or update as to what actually happened and how you're going to prevent it in the future.

We've discussed that already. Please stop posting the same thing in multiple places. It slows down the support process for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.