Will you be implementing touch id on your Android version of the app?

steve_wrigley
steve_wrigley
Community Member

I came from the iPhone and loved the option to use touch ID to open the app. Since switching to Android, I was disappointed to find that this was not an option. Is this something you will be considering in the future?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Will you be implementing touch id on your Android version of the app?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steve_wrigley: Android does not have Touch ID, as that's an Apple technology. However, Google added Nexus Imprint to Android in version 6, and any devices that support that standard should work with 1Password. Recent Nexus and Pixel devices do, as well as newer ones from Samsung:

Use your fingerprint to unlock 1Password on your Android device

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• steve_wrigley
    steve_wrigley
    Community Member

I have the Note8 with a fingerprint scanner on the back. Should that work?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steve_wrigley: I don't recall hearing from anyone else with that device one way or the other, but I would guess that it would based on Samsung's other recent devices. Have you tried to set it up as in the guide I linked above?

• steve_wrigley
    steve_wrigley
    Community Member

I don't know how I missed that. It works! Thanks!

• I'm so glad Brenty was able to help out. Let us know if you need anything else!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, great! Glad to hear there isn't some bug that needs to be addressed. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.