To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Copy from local vault failed

Coco
Coco
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Memberships

Just set up a trial membership and the copy of my existing items to my online vault failed with only a third of items transferred. What's the best way of getting them in sync? I'm syncing from the latest IOS app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Coco: Can you elaborate on what you mean by "failed"? What's the error, or other symptoms you're seeing? I wonder if there's some issue with older data, or the device going to sleep. Any details — especially the versions you're using — would be helpful too.

• Coco
    Coco
    Community Member

I was using the latest version of the IOS App at the time, 6.7 I think, on IOS 11, iPhone 6S. I've been using 1Password for several years with a local vault and only just decided to try the subscription version. I started a trial subscription via the web browser on my laptop and then added the account details to the phone. The phone came up with a message saying copying 290 items to vault and sat there for approaching an hour. Eventually I came out of the app using the home button on the phone and tried to go back into the app at which point it crashed. I was then left with around sixty items having been transferred.

I was looking for a simple way to redo the initial sync, but after coming across a couple of threads recounting similar problems I realised that wasn't going to be an option. After a little more digging figured out how to manually copy over from my local vault, so did that after first deleting everything in the subscription vault which seems to have done the trick.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Coco: Thanks for letting me know. That definitely doesn't sound normal. It sounds like you may have sorted things out on your own, but if you do still want to start over and migrate your data — or need help with anything else — just let me know!

This discussion has been closed.