Got a new iPhone 8 Plus, Installed Beta, Keeps Crashing!

jpartain89
jpartain89
Community Member

So, I upgraded to the new iPhone 8 Plus today (X is too dern expensive... ugh) and I've been running the fun 'ol "wait forever while it does its thing" thing.

One, evidently iOS's restore is a bit better now, in regard to TestFlight-Installed apps. Before, it would readjust your icons on the home screen as if those beta apps were never installed. Now, it gives you the apps icon, but with Apple's cloud-with-a-down-arrow icon. So, me thinking it was gonna be smart and download from TestFlight, I tapped the icon for 1Password and let it download.

Is it the beta? From TestFlight? Nope... It pulls from the store. But, it remembered my accounts and what not (or, at least my main vault from Dropbox, as it asked to re-auth through Dropbox) and I use it for my various logins that I need.

Then, I go to TestFlight and install the beta through there.

And here's the ugh part, after installing? It opens to the "lock" screen and then crashes. Reboot phone, still crashes.

So, uninstalled and reinstalled directly from TestFlight, it doesn't crash, but doesn't have anything "pre" saved like before. So I re-sync with Dropbox, which it recognized as already authorized, and I downloaded my three vaults. It also remembered I had an online 1Password syncing and it downloaded that info correctly.

So, I go home, cross my fingers, and open 1Password and..... Crashes... just like before.

GAH.

iPhone 8 Plus
iOS 11.2 (15C5092b) - its the beta iOS
1Password 6.10 (61000010)
Dropbox Sync and 1Pass Online Sync

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

So, what’s weird is that the Share Sheet plugin does continue to work in the browser.

• Good morning @jpartain89,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that your'e seeing these crashes. Let's start out with a diagnostic report (if we can get one before the crash happens): I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll move on to collecting crash reports directly.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Sadly, no, I'm not able to even get to that point.

Screen Record

• @jpartain89,

That's not good, I don't think hockey is going to be able to catch those crashes that happen that early in the process… We're probably going to need to extract the crash report the hard way using either the built-in iOS inspector or extract it with Xcode using the directions available here: https://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/retrieving-crash-reports-on-ios

Rudy

• @BrokenHope,

Thanks for the update.

Rudy

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

The newest beta builds aren’t having the same issues now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.