To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master pasword and touch

Options
Stefm
Stefm
Community Member

I've had to reset my settings on my iPhone 6S because of a battery drain. I didn't go back to fabric settings but I just erased all my normal settings. I've deleted the touch ID on my 1password-app and now I can't remember my master password... Tried everything, I can remember half of my password but that's it. My app contains everything and info that I really need. Is there a possibility to restore the TouchID so that I can get through it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Stefm, I'm sorry to hear about the lost Master Password!

Touch ID is a great convenience feature that makes unlocking 1Password much faster, however it doesn't replace your Master Password. There are still times when you'll be required to enter your Master Password, so it is important to remember it.

Now, there may be a way to recover your account - if you are a member on a Family or Team account with another Organizer/Admin, they should be able to recovery your account for you. Otherwise, we have a guide that might be able to help you figure out your Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Let us know how that goes!

• Stefm
    Stefm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I don’t have a family account (Will get one as soon this is solved) and I’ve tried al the steps from support yet...

• Hi @Stefm,

I'm sorry, but there's no way to re-enable Touch ID entry to 1Password for iOS without knowing the Master Password. If the app isn't giving you the option of Touch ID to unlock, it means that the app doesn't have the encryption keys it would need to unlock your vault via Touch ID (which would make sense since you specifically disabled it).

If you were syncing with Dropbox, and you used to use another Master Password that you do remember, then it might be possible to get an older version of your vault from the Dropbox web interface (they keep historical versions of files) that you would be able to unlock with the older Master Password.

Are you syncing this device with another one that you're able to unlock? If so that might open up possibilities.

There is nothing in 1Password that will stop you from trying different passwords, so you can keep trying different ones as you can think of them.

Best of luck.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.