Nice job with Families

dem
dem
Community Member

I've been a 1Password customer for just over 10 years now, starting back when it was called 1Passwd. I've purchased every version for every Apple device since then. I've gone from Wi-Fi sync to Dropbox, agilekeychain to opvault, from standalone to the App Store and back again.

I decided to switch over to Families and have been impressed with the overall implementation. You've all done a nice job of simplifying the whole experience.

Before switching to Families I had to get used to the idea of no longer having a local backup of my vaults. If there's one feature I'd still like to see on the Mac version it would be an option to keep running backups as is done for local vaults.

Thanks for the nice work on Families.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017

Hi @dem!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in and share the kind words. I’m so glad to hear you’re enjoying the 1Password Families service.

I know it isn’t quite the same, but each app does keep a local cache of your 1Password data. This prevents things like outages (either yours our ours) from interrupting your access to your data. We are looking into how we might be able to offer more ‘traditional’ local backups, but the fact that the 1Password.com service is the single “source of truth” in our model that adds a significant level of complexity to such an idea. That is why it hasn’t happened yet. :)

Since I have you here I’d like to take the opportunity to do three things:

1. Thank you for being such a long time customer
    2. Remind you that each family member should have a copy of their Emergency Kit (either printed or digital)
    3. Suggest that if you do not already have a second organizer on the 1Password Families account that you add one, so that if something happens to you the family still has the ability to operate (update billing info, etc). Also another organizer would be the only person who could help you in the event that you forget your Master Password or lose your Secret Key.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.