Families setup, well that was confusing to get the login QR code, where did I got wrong?

mccltd
mccltd
Community Member

So I just converted over to the families membership and sent the invite to my wife email.
She has an iPad.
Opened up the email on the iPad and filled in the required details then installed the app.
Ran the app but where are you supposed to find the QR code on the iPad?
In the end I managed to get the page up where it displays the emergency screen 0n the iPad, screenshot it, emailed it to my computer then opened it on my computer to use the iPad to scan the code.
Surely thats not right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mccltd: You can find the Setup Code and account credentials (except the Master Password — that's in your brain) in the app on any of your authorized devices under 1Password Settings/Preferences > Account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member

Hi,
    Is there any way to gain access to the secret key when you don't have the device with you. I have just got to work and want to setup an account on my works computer but have my ipad at home.

• Hi @mccltd,

If you can access the emergency kit (maybe you saved the pdf somewhere that you can access on your work computer) then that'd be the way to go. Your secret key is something that we (AgileBits) don't have, so we can't help you retrieve it in cases like this.

Rick

• Regarding the initial setup of a new family member when using only iOS... I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty painful right now. I was helping setup my dad a few months ago and I ran into similar problems.

The workaround you came up with to get the QR code onto another device isn't how I went about solving that problem though. Instead I went to the Manual Setup instructions on the Get The Apps page of the webapp, and manually copied the secret key value to the clipboard and pasted it into the app.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.