Firefox failing code signature check

Options

Comments

• terciofilho
    terciofilho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I'm having the same problem as stated in this thread. My Firefox(56.0.2 (64-bit)) on my Mac 10.13 (17A405) doesn't work. Shows gray sometimes, but if I click on it doesn't show up.
    I got these errors:

Tue Nov 7 09:34:58 2017| 684001 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7fc311038eb0):: pid:80909 extId:(null) browser:Firefox] E handshakeWithManifest:reply: | Failed to verify the connection: manifest:{
    OPNativeMessageClientArguments = (
    "/Applications/1Password 6.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app/Contents/MacOS/OnePasswordNativeMessageHost",
    "/Users/terciofilho/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts/2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json",
    "onepassword4@agilebits.com"
    );
    OPNativeMessageClientBrowserPID = 80909;
    OPNativeMessageClientBrowserURL = "file:///Applications/Firefox.app/";
    OPNativeMessageClientURL = "file:///Applications/1Password%206.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app/Contents/MacOS/OnePasswordNativeMessageHost";
    OPNativeMessageClientVersion = "6.8.4";
    } : NMStatic:1 NMRuntime:1 BRuntime:0 JSON:1
    Tue Nov 7 09:34:58 2017| 684001 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7fc311038eb0):: pid:80909 extId:(null) browser:Firefox] S hostDidDisconnectWithXPCConnection: | NativeMessageHost Disconnected: connection from pid 81010

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @terciofilho,

I've split your message from the other thread as it isn't the same issue. The other user simply had a missing 1Password Browser Extension button from their Firefox toolbar and only had to re-add it. The error message you've posted indicates that Firefox has failed to pass the browser code signature validation.

Here is what I would like you to try for me please.

1. Move the Firefox application bundle from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Download and install a fresh copy of Firefox direct from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/. Make sure to install it into your /Applications/ folder.
    4. Launch 1Password if needed and then launch Firefox.

I realise you may have performed some variant of these steps already but I would like you to complete them anyway so that we have a known starting point should we need it.

If the issue is still present can you create a diagnostic report and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Please post that ID in this conversation as it will help us locate your ticket and we can review the diagnostic report.

• terciofilho
    terciofilho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

My support ID is [#TMJ-76954-532]

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @terciofilho,

We received your email with the diagnostics - thanks for sending that in. Adam has replied to your email so let's continue the conversation there. Cheers! :)

ref: TMJ-76954-532

• mike12345
    mike12345
    Community Member
    Options

I was wondering if this got resolved. I have the same issue. The button is there, but does nothing.

• terciofilho
    terciofilho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, not yet... I'm in touch with Adam to solve it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mike12345,

Given how odd terciofilho's issue is there is a good chance that you're not experiencing the same issue. The extension not working may be a common symptom but that will occur if the extension cannot connect. To determine what is happening in your case I would ask you to create a diagnostic report and send it in, guidance on how to do so is earlier in the thread :smile:

• terciofilho
    terciofilho
    Community Member
    Options

I don't believe that this is the case, 1password is saying my Firefox doesn't have a valid signature, which it has, this is probably a bug in 1password, anyway, send a diagnostic report.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@terciofilho: That's not possible, since all copies of 1Password — not just yours — check for the same Firefox signature. I see we've received your email though, so we'll continue the conversation there. :)

ref: TMJ-76954-532

• terciofilho
    terciofilho
    Community Member
    Options

The problem was solved creating a new profile in Firefox and setting it default. If you start Firefox using profile manager it will fail code signature check.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It really is quite odd @terciofilho. I've sent an email to see if we can better learn why a new profile worked as at the moment I struggle to rationalise how the profile affects the code signature - in my mind it really shouldn't! For whatever reason though we are reliant on what macOS tells us and if it says the code signature could not be verified then we have to work on that basis. At least part of the puzzle is solved though :smile:

This discussion has been closed.