Password generation then moving to trash

Pontoffel_Pock
Pontoffel_Pock
Community Member

I right clicked on the 1password icon and chose "Generate Password". A password item was created in the vault. That wasn't what I expected so I highlighted the new password item and clicked the right arrow icon. As expected, it opened 1password.com and allowed me to edit and then send the item to the trash. Meanwhile, though, the 1password extension did not recognize that I sent the item to the trash and continued to show the password item in the "suggested Items" list.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.8
OS Version: Ubuntu 14.04.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Pontoffel_Pock: Thanks for reaching out! I'm not seeing this behaviour here, so I might be missing something. Can you clarify?

I right clicked on the 1password icon and chose "Generate Password". A password item was created in the vault.

Where are you generating this password?

That wasn't what I expected so I highlighted the new password item and clicked the right arrow icon. As expected, it opened 1password.com and allowed me to edit and then send the item to the trash. Meanwhile, though, the 1password extension did not recognize that I sent the item to the trash and continued to show the password item in the "suggested Items" list.

I'm seeing that the search results persist, but clearing it refreshes the list so that the item is gone. Is that maybe what you experienced as well? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.