WHMCS Support

Options
Dimtar
Dimtar
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi team.

This has happened enough for me to say its pretty easy to reproduce. Basically any site that runs WHMCS does this (https://www.whmcs.com/)
For example if you sign up for an account at say:
https://speedykvm.com/
The above is not an advertisement, its just the last provider I used to get the bug.
Long story short, it sets the post code/zip code as the username instead of the email address. Something I have to fix each time manually.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dimtar: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I didn't have any trouble saving and filling a login there with 1Password. I don't understand what a postcode/zipcode has to do with logging into a website though, so perhaps that's the key.

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the login page — this is the one I found: https://speedykvm.com/billing/clientarea.php
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Dimtar
    Dimtar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply Brenty. Clearly the issue isn't happening for you so maybe its just me, which is a shame but does explain why it hasn't been "fixed"

Basically 1Password saves all the right information for the site but it designates the zip code/post code as the "username" instead of my email address. Thanks for the reply.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

Greetings @Dimtar,

So I can reproduce and it is a weird one. Brenty was testing the dedicated login page but your original post indicated you were likely saving on some sort of registration page, one that isn't the easiest to reach (compared to say Amazon). I did eventually locate it though and once I'd established reliable steps I tested 1Password for Mac as well as 1Password 4 & 6 for Windows.

1Password for Mac and 1Password 6 for Windows identify the email address as the likely username when saving a Login item on the site's registration page which I believe is what you would hope 1Password would do. 1Password 4 for Windows however does indeed flag the postcode field as being the username. What makes this all the more unusual is all three use the same version of the filling/saving logic so for some reason 1Password 4 is deviating from what we would expect.

I will file a bug report but I can't make any guarantees as to if or when a fix could appear I'm afraid. We don't comment on future efforts but I will ensure the report is filed given there is an issue specific to 1Password 4 for Windows. For now it will mean correcting 1Password by flagging the appropriate field. Hopefully you don't need to register with too many sites that use this setup.

ref: OPW-644

This discussion has been closed.