App drawer lag/stutter when Accessibility service is enabled

Lunim
Lunim
Community Member

Hello,

I am using Android 6.7-Beta3. On my Pixel 2 XL, using the stock launcher, I notice visible stutter when scrolling up and down through app icons only when the 1Password Accessibility service is enabled.

I also have a Galaxy tab s2. I get massive lag in the launcher only when the service is enabled.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lunim: Thanks for reaching out! Just to be clear, were you not seeing that with previous betas?

• Lunim
    Lunim
    Community Member

@brenty Not that I noticed. Especially on the Tab S2.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lunim: Thanks for confirming! I'll bring this up with the team to see if some changes we made might be having an impact on that.

• raffavbr
    raffavbr
    Community Member

I am having this same experience
    Lag when auto fill on accessibility is enabled
    Using moto X force 7.0
    Last 1 password beta version

• Hey @raffavbr. The Enhanced Keyboard service (previously called Automatic Filling) uses the OS’s accessibility feature to scan your screen and locate login fields. It also helps with filling into the Chrome browser and directly putting your username and passwords into the credential fields.

Since this service constantly scans your screen for login fields when the keyboard is visible, it’s quite possible to see a performance hit on your device. If this is heavily noticeable, then I would recommend disabling this service and using manual filling instead.

To make use of manual filling with the 1Password Keyboard, you must disable Enhanced Keyboard in 1Password Settings > Filling. Once you have this service disabled, you can manually launch 1Password for filling using the keyboard by long-pressing the 1Password icon. Select the login item you want to fill and you should see a blue bar that say Fill username and Fill password above the keyboard. You will need to manually select the field and then tap one of the buttons in the blue bar to fill your credentials.

This discussion has been closed.