Using existing vault from 1Password

Options

Is there a way to import/sync the vault from my local version of 1Password into 1Password X?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @moorage,

1Password X connects directly to our 1Password membership service. If you'd like to try a membership, it's easy to sign up and migrate your data to your new account using the Mac app:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

After you set up your account, all 1Password apps, including 1Password X, stay in sync with it. :)

-Mitch

• scarlac
    scarlac
    Community Member
    Options

(@moorage: That means no)

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    Options

Just to clarify.....
    If you have a subscription to 1Password all your data is synced.
    If you have the standalone version of 1Password then you'll need to do the setup using the link provided by Mitch.

• You're right @scarlac, if your requirement is to continue using the standalone version of 1Password, then indeed 1Password X is not for you.

If, on the other hand, the requirement is to import your data into 1Password X as @moorage asked, then it's certainly possible. Migrating from the standalone version of 1Password to our hosted service can be done by following these steps – there's no need to retype all your passwords manually.

• moorage
    moorage
    Community Member
    Options

Great, I got the sync working in my trial account for the hosted service; thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.