How to import data from a CSV file (Windows, 1Password version 6.7.457)

I have a long list of various IDs and passwords stored in the Excel file. Is there any way to import it into 1Password vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017

@HG1952: You can import a CSV via 1Password.com, but it's a good idea to ensure it's formatted in such a way that 1Password will import it properly. An active user of our forums and all around awesome guy, @MrC also developed his own conversion utilities that will convert a CSV to a 1PIF, the format 1Password itself exports to. I'll admit I'm not as familiar with the conversion utilities, but they may well have some more flexibility than the built-in CSV importer.

That said, if you do decide to just import your CSV:

1. Sign in to your 1Password account via 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the upper right-hand corner and choose Import.
    3. Click Other, choose the vault you want to import into and select your CSV.

It bears repeating, though -- formatting really does matter. The better formatted your CSV, the better import you'll get so it's worth taking some time there if you're up for it. :+1:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @HG1052,

Let me know if you are not using 1Password.com and need help regarding the CSV converter.

• HG1952
    HG1952
    Community Member

@bundtkate: Thanks a lot. It worked smoothly.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@HG1952: Great news! :+1: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! 1Password.com is the best way to use 1Password right now, but please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions. We are always ready to help.

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.