1Password X broken in chrome [pop-up is blank/white]

crystaln
crystaln
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I see an empty window often when opening the Chrome widget in 1Password X. This also happens when I try to view the settings.

I went into developer mode and see all kinds of js errors related to null objects.

This is a new install of 1Password X that worked in Chrome 61.0.3163.100

1Password Version: X 1.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• c_shaw
    c_shaw
    Community Member

Hi @crystaln,

Looks like something changed with your account after you added one or the data has become corrupt. To debug this, open the Chrome menu options, go to More tools > Extensions and click the Options link under 1Password X. Once you're there, remove any users that exist.

If none exist, uninstall the extension and reinstall it. If one or more did exist, clicking on the icon now will present you with the login page for 1Password accounts.

Hope that helps.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@crystaln,

The good news is that there isn't any way for 1Password X to "corrupt" anything as @c_shaw mentioned. What you're seeing is a bug that happens if you sign in to out of your account on the 1Password website. All you should need to do is restart Chrome to fix it.

The bug will be fixed soon in an update. :)

• Everyone is 100% right so far: a reinstall will fix this up, and so will restarting Chrome. But if you don't want to restart, you can simply lock 1Password and all will be well after unlocking. To lock 1Password when the popup window fails to appear like this, ctrl-click on the toolbar icon and select Lock.

That's 3 answers for one question! Hopefully one of them suits you :)

• crystaln
    crystaln
    Community Member

I ended up uninstalling 1PX and reverting to the helper/plugin because of the lack of Touch ID support. (I'm aware this is not easy for you to add at this point, although you could add a very basic helper to implement such features on platforms that support it).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@crystaln,

Yeah, if Touch ID is a dealbreaker for you, the 1Password app and extension are the way to go at this time. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.