Not possible to use web browser anymore

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hi, when I click on any link inside 1Password, 1Password crashes immediately. Feedback sent.

1Password Version: 6.7 Beta-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Philipp! Is this a crash you're seeing? If so, can you include your email address when you send the crash report and let me know when you've done so? Thanks!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri
    I sent the feedback again, this time with my mail address included. I sent it one minute ago. So at 13:33 in Europe.
    Best regards, Philipp

• peri
    edited November 2017

Thanks @Philipp! It looks like there's an exception when opening a URL. Can you provide some details or steps? For instance, does this happen when tapping any URL from any Login, or is it any in particular?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri

Maybe the only thing I did: I got the November update of Android Oreo in the meantime. Maybe there was any change with the OS?

The error appears with any URL inside the favourites and the logins category. It is similar to every "http" and "https" address. I tested it with around 10 different logins. When I click on the URL, then - in the very next moment - I get the app is crashed message.

But I have URLs in the secure notes, members, and credit cards categories also. Inside this categories I can open the URL.

• @Philipp I see the crash on my end too and can reproduce. Thanks! We'll look into this and see if we can get it fixed for a coming beta.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri
    Still not resolved with new beta. Hope you will find a solution soon.
    Best regards, Philipp

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know. I'm not able to reproduce it here, so I'm glad that Peri is. We'll see what we need to do to get this fixed up.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Thanks for resolving this issue in beta-5. Great!
    Have a nice weekend.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing it to our attention — and for participating in the beta! I hope you enjoy your weekend as well. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.