Smart Folder bug on 1P for Mac

Options
stevelucky
stevelucky
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Mac

I think I found a small bug on the current 1P for Mac (sidenote: is there a proper bug reporting page? I couldn't find one). If you create a smart folder with rules to populate it with some password entries in Vault A, and then move any of those passwords to a different vault, say Vault B. The entires still appear in the smart folder of Vault A. You can get rid of them by right clicking on the smart folder and choosing Edit Smart Folder, make no changes and just click Save (or probably Cancel as well) and it will update the smart folder. So, it appears as if smart folders are not properly dynamically updating.

1Password Version: 6.1.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@stevelucky: Before we delve into things too deeply, it looks like you're using a pretty old version of 1Password for Mac. You reported using 6.1.4 and we're already up to 6.8.4. Are you sticking to an older version for a particular reason, or would you be able to update 1Password real quick and let us know if this issue persists? Thanks! :chuffed:

• stevelucky
    stevelucky
    Community Member
    Options

Whoops! Nope, that was a typo. I'm at 6.8.4

• @stevelucky: Well, shoot, way to torpedo my theory. :wink: I'm not able to reproduce this on my end, so I'd like to make sure I'm working with a proper configuration. How many vaults do you have? How are each syncing? Could you share the types of rules you're using to populate this smart folder? I don't have many items in my standalone vaults as they're only used for testing purposes, so I want to at least make sure I'm creating a reasonably facsimile of what you're working with on my end. Thanks! :+1:

• stevelucky
    stevelucky
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I seem to have fixed it. My vaults were using the older .agilekeychain and I updated them to .opvault and that seems to have fixed it. So, maybe you want to try testing it with an older .agilekeychain if possible.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stevelucky,

Thanks so much for letting us know that updating to OPVault format resolved the issue for you. I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.