When I opened 1P today on my mac I found that many entries were missing (all entries of people)

Options
Errol_Niblett
Errol_Niblett
Community Member

I am running 1P 6.3.2 on my iMac using OS Yosemite 10.10.5 and today when I opened 1P from the dock as I normally do I found that many entries were missing (all entries of people, (names, tel email etc - which is the bulk of my data). What is there is entries for the following categories: Logins, secure nots, credit cards, identities, Passwords, Software licences, wireless routers, But the info for all my friends and contacts (name, address, phone, email and notes) is all missing. I have the same problem on my iBook. Loads of entries missing. PLEASE HELP!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud but I don't use sync
Referrer: forum-search: When I opened 1P today on my mac I found that many entries were missing (all entries of people)

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @Errol_Niblett,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. I most definitely want us to understand how this could have happened, but more importantly than that, I want to make sure that we can recover this information. Before we go into anything complicated, let's do the quick check first... can you look in the Trash in the sidebar to see if maybe they've been accidentally trashed? If so untrash them and you should be done.

If that wasn't it, then we'll need to do a bit more digging...

Can you go into Preferences > Sync, and see if you're syncing with anything? If the problem happened on both devices, I assume that you're syncing them somehow?

I'd like you to go to Preferences > Backups, and please create a new backup. Then I'd like you to try restoring from a backup from a time where you're sure the entries should be there. If successful, what I'd like you to do is to select all of the Identities (or all of the items that you lost), and then use the File > Export > Selected... menu item to export these items to a 1pif file. Then restore back to the backup that was created just before you restored and use the File > Import... menu item to import from the 1pif file we exported.

If you were syncing, then you'll need to re-configure sync as restoring backups disables sync.

Once we have your data back I'd like us to figure out how this happened, but let's take this one step at a time.

Rick

ref: ZDL-45669-369

This discussion has been closed.