To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to reset your 1Password

Options
petertohen
petertohen
Community Member

I have a dropbox vault that I've been using for some time. Let's call that the Primary Vault. I also have a 1Password account and at one time during the trial period I copied the contents of the Primary account to my Personal vault. Since then I have continued to update and add entries to the Primary vault. I would like to recreate the Personal vault so that it is a copy of the current Primary vault. How do I do that? It's not clear to me what gets deleted by following the instructions on the https://support.1password.com/starting-over/ page.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petertohen: Ah, thanks for getting in touch. Indeed, those instructions are for resetting the 1Password apps. Generally speaking, people shouldn't be deleting their entire accounts. You can if you want to from your Profile page on 1Password.com, but I'd recommend simply Trashing the data in your Personal vault if you want to clear that, and then you can use 1Password Help . Tools > Migrate Primary Vault to Account to move your data and remove the local vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.