Sync status for 1Password.com accounts

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

Before switching to the subscription service entirely, I would need to be able to see somewhere in the iOS app, that 1Password has synced successfully. I know that sync is happening magically when using an account, but I would really love to see something like a last sync date and time or something like that.
I've also used the Android app and it does show when it's syncing with 1Password.com and when it's done. This may a bit OCD-ish, but it's good to know that my items are synced and up to date.
I don't think that 1Password for Mac and Windows does have a sync status but I'm not sure. Of course I would welcome that on those platforms too ;)

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: You're right, this isn't something we have on most platforms, as we want it to be seamless. Just to clarifying, are you experiencing sync issues, or is this just an "OCD-ish" thing? We can certainly consider adding something like a "last updated", but our top priority is to ensure that something like that just isn't necessary. ;)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@brenty No I'm not seing sync issues, just OCD ;) Example: I want to leave the office in the next few seconds and want to add or edit something in 1Password. I just want to make sure that it has my latest changes when I'm closing the work laptop and going into the weekend. Having something like "Synced: just now" would help with that.
    Maybe it's because I've used Dropbox sync as long as I have been using 1Password and there I can see when it syncs.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Oh okay, thanks for confirming! Just wanted to get that out of the way so I can sleep tonight. :lol:

Anyway, I see what you mean — especially as a long-time Dropbox user myself! I think it might be nice to do something with notifications...but then again that could get annoying. It's something we'll have to think about. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Thank you for considering and I hope you'll have a good night sleep :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha thank you. Getting there. :dizzy:

This discussion has been closed.