Option to change the label "username"

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hello again :)

I have another suggestion for improvement. For login objects, you can not change the username label. I think an option to change the label would be nice. I often identify myself with my e-mail address when logging in to a website. In such cases, it would be nice if I could change the label to "email address".

I look forward to your opinions.

Kind regards
Anonymous

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anonymous20283u90234: Technically, if you're logging in with your email address and a password, the email address is just being used as the username in that case. They're not requesting the actual password to your email account, but many people think so; and "username" actually makes this clearer. It's something we can consider, but it would be purely superficial — and I'm not sure many people want to have to select this for each login. But that could change in the future. Cheers! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

Thanks for your answer. :smile:

They're not requesting the actual password to your email account, but many people think so; and "username" actually makes this clearer.

I see your point.

It's something we can consider, but it would be purely superficial — and I'm not sure many people want to have to select this for each login. But that could change in the future.

Thank you. I'm curious how you further improve 1Password. :)

Kind regards
    Anonymous

• On behalf of Brenty you're very welcome. :)

I'm curious how you further improve 1Password. :)

Time will tell. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.