Feature Request: Linked Accounts

124»

Comments

• osric
    osric
    Community Member
    Count me in too. This is an essential feature for me.

I'm a system administrator, I haev to deal with dozens of different servers, which all share the same username/passwords pairs, and a handful of username/password pairs

When I first tried the free evaluation of 1password in 2009, I had this as a problem too, but then I found a workaround, and bought the software on the strength of having that workaround.

The workaround I used was to create an entry for https://*.my.domain.edu/, with the appropriate username/password, and then I could just manuall 'Fill' the password dialogs with that entry when it was needed. I also had to disable autosave for my home domain.

Based no my reading, the new version has just intentionally broken that workaround.

Please don't read this as a threat, but I'm not going to be recommending 1password at my work any more, it won't fit anyone's needs as it stands.

PLEASE, add this feature, I will turn on autosave, and try to maintain a list of every server I have to work with, I do expect this list to be over 100 services within the next 2 months.
  • bswins
    edited August 2011
    @astrostl: I agree with your suggestion, and we are looking into ways to do this in the future!

@osric: As Khad stated, we are looking into this for the future. Regardless, I understand your frustration, and I respect your comments. Hopefully, we'll be able to come up with something soon.

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.