iTunes pricing German iTunes store

Hi,
I am a little bit confused about the great gap for annual subscription costs in the German iTunes store compared to the US store.
In Germany, we have to pay 40.99 EUR annual which is in USD 48.91. In the US store, it is only 35.99 USD. Is this fair?

Can you explain the big difference to me, please?

Thank you,
Thomas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• not an expert but more that sure that difference is VAT Tax

• Thanks, but it is not only the 19 % VAT in Germany.
    There is still a big difference left.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @entho,

There are a few things at play here:

1. As @iphone6 mentioned VAT is included in the German iTunes Store, whereas no taxes are included in the US store.
    2. Apple does a currency conversion from USD to EUR, and may not be using very favorable rates.

If you’d rather use your bank’s rates for the USD to EUR conversation you can subscribe through our website. VAT will still be charged as appropriate, but we charge in USD, so the conversion will be handled by your bank/card issuer.

How to manage your 1Password subscription

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi @Ben

Thank you for your quick reply.
    Okay, now that makes more sense to me.

I was trying to manage my subscription through the website, but I get the message "You are on the Individual Plan billing through an Apple Subscription." displayed.
    Actually I am on the trial month on iOS.

Can you help here to solve this for me.

Thanks,
    Thomas

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@entho: Yep! We don't have any access to Apple's systems, but once you cancel your subscription there we can switch you over:

If you started your subscription using an in-app purchase on your Apple device

Just let me know when you've done that and I'll take care of it on our end and tell you how to set it up in your account. :)

• @brenty:
    Thanks for your message.
    My subscription is cancelled already on iTunes. :)

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@entho: Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I've cleared it in our system, so all you need to do is sign into your account on 1Password.com to setup billing there:

https://start.1password.com/billing

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• @brenty:
    Wow, that was a lightning fast support.
    Now my subscription is done through your website.

Thank's a lot. :)

• brentybrenty

Team Member

You're totally welcome! And thank you for your support! We couldn't do what we do without it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.