To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Installing 1Password to MacBook Pro

HarryCohn
HarryCohn
Community Member

On new MacBook I was asked for a "secret key", but since I bought 1password as a stand alone I don't a key, please help.....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:New MacB I was asked for a "secret key", but since I bought 1password as a stand alone I don't a key

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HarryCohn: It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• HarryCohn
    HarryCohn
    Community Member

Thanks for your respond, I was able to get 1Password into my new MacBook, first installed the app. Then I got my data thru Dropbox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HarryCohn Excellent news! I'm glad Brenty was able to assist, and even happier to hear you're up and running. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.