To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1PW 6 not syncing IOS with Windows 10. No problems when I had version 3 and 4, but IOS 11 needs 6.

manstex
manstex
Community Member

I just purchased a new iPad with IOS 11.1.2 and iPhone X with IOS 11.1.2. Obviously I had to upgrade to the 1Password 6 to be able to use on the new devices. They appear to sync fine, but my notebook, personal home computer (both on Windows 10) and my office desktop (Windows 7) will not sync up. Basically, when I add a login on the Apple devices, they do not transfer to the Windows devices. The Apple devices only allow me to save items in the "Primary" vault whereas the Windows devices only allow me to save in a "Personal" vault. Neither set of devices allow me to change from one to the other. I am using my Dropbox for the syncing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• manstex
    manstex
    Community Member

Further to question I just posted, I was able to import into Windows 7 & 10 (via settings) the changes I made on the IOS device. However, after importing to Windows, the data quadrupled. What causes this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@manstex: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I believe that this is the key:

The Apple devices only allow me to save items in the "Primary" vault whereas the Windows devices only allow me to save in a "Personal" vault.

You're not using Dropbox for syncing on Windows; you're using a 1Password.com account there (that's the only way you'll have a Personal/Private vault).

Further to question I just posted, I was able to import into Windows 7 & 10 (via settings) the changes I made on the IOS device. However, after importing to Windows, the data quadrupled. What causes this?

It sounds like you either imported the data too many times, or you simply have all of the vaults with the same data in the app still.

When you sign into your account on 1Password.com, do you see all of your data there?

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

If so, you can start over in each of the apps (this will not affect the data in your account):

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

And then setup each device with your account:

https://support.1password.com/add-account/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• manstex
    manstex
    Community Member

Brenty, I think I have them all synced now. Thanks for the various sites you gave me to check. From my perspective, 1Password 6 is much more complex to sync my devices to than the 3 or 4. I will be glad to get it stabilized for my use. The app itself is probably the best on the market.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@manstex: Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm really glad to hear that you're enjoying using 1Password as much as we love making it! :chuffed:

Certainly migrating to a 1Password.com account (and 1Password 6) when you've already been using the standalone 1Password app(s) is a few steps, but that's a one time setup. After that, the only thing you need to do to start using 1Password on a new device is sign into your account; there is literally no sync setup or managing licenses, etc. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.