Sync multiple vaults on new Android version

danielschroth
danielschroth
Community Member

Dear forum,

just read about the new Android version: OPVault support is there! Great!

Installed it on my Samsung phone, did a Dropbox sync and picked my default vault for syncing. But I'm using multiple vaults (one for me, one for my wife, one for clients' data …) that I sync on each of my macs. Is it not (yet) possible to sync and use more than one vault on Android? Is this coming soon? And how can I change the synced vault to another one? Re-install the app?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.x
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @danielschroth. Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

It's currently only possible to sync one local vault at a time on Android. The only way to sync multiple vaults at the moment is to use 1Password accounts. While this is something we do hope to add in the future, I can't say when that might be. Dave Teare wrote up a great explanation of multiple vault support on Android here.

That said, in order to sync with another vault, you will indeed need to reinstall or reset the app. To reset the app, open your device Settings > Apps > 1Password, and tap Clear Data.

That said, I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the OPVault update. Let us know if there's anything else you need. Thanks!

• danielschroth
    danielschroth
    Community Member

Hey peri,

thanks for your quick reply!

It's a pity that this is just a useless update for me then … the way I thought it would make sense to use vaults (not just use one but multiple) obviously didn't make enough sense, it seems. Teams is not an option for me.

So the best would be to merge all the vaults' entries back into one single vault that I can use on all my devices. Having done this, I'm sure on this day there's another update being released for Android that does support multiple vaults. :|

Daniel

• Sorry to disappoint you, @danielschroth! I'd love to see multiple vault support on Android, too, but there are a number of other things we need to tackle first.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• Bryan299
    Bryan299
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

I just want to reiterate how important this feature of having multiple dropbox/local vaults on an android phone is. You say there are a number of other things we need to tackle first. Unless one of those is allowing teams support on the windows original 1password client yesterday, I'd say adding multiple local/dropbox vaults should be top priority on android.

I've bought 1password on a windows personal machine and windows work machine. and I had a paid version on iphone. Everything worked well. Now that I am on an android phone I am disconnected from my work vault, having only an option of keeping one vault open. The problem here is there is absolutely nothing I can do. I'm paying for teams support as well for some reason. Teams has no integration with the browser, so it's basically useless to me. Despite all the glitchy behavior on android (s7) I just want to have my vaults on dropbox. Two vaults!, its all I'm asking.

I've spent too much money on 1password at this point, I just want to use it. 1pass's slow development of android is unbearable without having the ability to auctually use it aka seeing my two vaults.

• peri
    edited June 2016

Hi @Bryan299. Thanks for reiterating how important multiple vault support is to you. I understand that you would love to be able to sync both of your vaults on Android, and that you feel this should be the top priority.

I definitely hear you, and I'll forward your feedback to the developers. For a rundown on where we've been on this issue lately, please see Dave's post.

We appreciate your support! :)

• gjoridalsbo
    gjoridalsbo
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Hi i can't get my primary vault in to my phone (Android). It`s automatic personal. How do i delete a vault and how do i select and change vaults?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It`s automatic personal.

@gjoridalsbo: What do you mean?

How do i delete a vault and how do i select and change vaults?

1Password for Android cannot delete and create vaults from within the app, so you'll either have to reinstall the app if you want to sync with a different vault in Dropbox, or if you're using a 1Password.com account you can simply sign in to the website to manage your vaults. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• beausmith
    beausmith
    Community Member

I'd like to add another request for multiple vault support on Android.

My wife and I each have our own vaults and we share a vault with access to shared accounts. (Dropbox for syncing)

This works great for syncing vaults between our Mac laptops.

But I'm on iPhone, she is on Android.

Its a real bummer to learn that 1Password on Android doesn't support multiple vaults.

Please add support for multiple vaults on Android.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@beausmith: This isn't something we're working on currently. You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since multiple vaults is "baked in", so to speak — and it also gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. It's possible that we'll revisit local vaults in the future, but right now we're focused on 1Password.com since that allows us to get features out across all platforms seamlessly — both from a development standpoint and for users.

• beausmith
    beausmith
    Community Member

@brenty — Sigh… I've already purchased all the stand alone Pro apps! This is the only piece missing… and now you tell me that if I pay you $60/year I can get this feature? I'm pretty bummed about this situation. I've been a fan so long, and turned so many people onto 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@beausmith: Indeed, I thought it would be silly of me to pretend like that wasn't an option. The only way we can continue developing and supporting 1Password is if we charge sustainable prices for the work we do. That said, while it certainly isn't the only thing you get with a 1Password Families membership (referring to multiple vaults), I hear where you're coming from. It's really great that you've supported us in the past, and I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed using all of the stuff you paid for! We've offered several promotions in the past to help folks who want to transition to 1Password.com, and I'm sure we will again in the future as well. If you'd like to try it, shoot us an email at support@1password.com as I'm sure there's some way we can help. Just post the Support ID here if you do so we can track it down and get back to you quickly. :)

This discussion has been closed.