Can’t log in to BMO through 1password iOS

KSaigle
KSaigle
Community Member

Just recently (past few days) when I go to log in to my BMO account through the 1password app, the BMO site logs me in and then displays “Error, system not available, try again later.”

However if I log in manually through Safari on iOS (or 1password my Mac) the log in goes through successfully. This is repeatable.

Anyone else have this problem- anything I should try?
Thanks
Ken

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:BMO

Comments

• Hi Ken ( @KSaigle )

Have you tried using the 1Password extension in Safari on iOS?

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Please let us know how that turns out. :)

Ben

• KSaigle
    KSaigle
    Community Member

Thanks- tried that and it does let me log in - Do you always have to enter your master password when using the 1Password extension or is there a way to keep it unlocked for some period of time?

• KSaigle
    KSaigle
    Community Member

Tried changing the user agent ( 1password | settings | 1browser | user agent )
    from “1browser” to “safari for iPad”

That also worked and now I can log into BMO normally through the 1password app

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Thanks- tried that and it does let me log in - Do you always have to enter your master password when using the 1Password extension or is there a way to keep it unlocked for some period of time?

@KSaigle: If you have 1Password Settings > Security > Lock on Exit enabled, you will need to unlock 1Password every time you switch away from it — including when you access the extension. Personally, I like leaving that off and using the Auto-Lock timer instead.

Tried changing the user agent ( 1password | settings | 1browser | user agent )
    from “1browser” to “safari for iPad”

That also worked and now I can log into BMO normally through the 1password app

Glad to hear it! Indeed, a lot of websites discriminate against various browsers (especially mobile) so telling them you're using a different one can help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.