1Password6. Incredibly slow/laggy searches, frequent crashes

DariusR
DariusR
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

I've found that over the last several weeks, the Search function in the 1Password app is incredibly laggy.
As soon as I start typing in the box, the whole app, and sometimes my desktop environment freezes for several seconds, before entering the text I just typed.

In the last 2 days, the app has also crashed several times. I sent error reports for all of these.

Is there a known issue?

Other details:
I have under 300 items
Use lots of tags
There are three different Teams connected to the app
In total, there are 31 Vaults mounted.

1Password Version: 6.8.467
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (1703) fully up to date
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@DariusR wow you really are a power user. 31 vaults :)
    Do you happen to run any kind of security software on your computer? Firewalls, Antivirus, etc.?
    If so, did you configure that security software like mentioned here: https://support.1password.com/firewall-proxy/ ?
    I could imagine that maybe a new security policy has been rolled out (if your security thingy is centrally managed) and as overwritten your settings.
    Just a wild guess but happened to me too

• DariusR
    DariusR
    Community Member

Interesting. This is only happening for me in the desktop app but I'll do some testing on a few different devices and report back.

Thank you!

• Hi @DariusR,

Thanks for reporting this.

First, I've moved your thread to our Windows Betas forum as you're using a beta version of 1Password 6 for Windows.

We do have some issues with the search but not to the extent you're describing. The next beta update coming soon will have a more responsive search field for sure. We have been doing a lot of optimizations in the last few weeks and fixed some crashes that we've found including the ones that have been submitted to us.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report? Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• DariusR
    DariusR
    Community Member

I forgot I was running a Beta version on my personal laptop. The 'Beta' box was unchecked, and I must have assumed that I had updated to a stable release by now.

For what its worth, I updated to the current Beta and the search function seems to no longer glitch/freeze.

Sending the error report now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DariusR: Thanks for the additional details, and sending the diagnostics! We've got it so we can take a look. Glad to hear that the latest beta has helped a bit though. :)

ref: MHL-87949-813

This discussion has been closed.