What is HODL?

detlevli
detlevli
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Business and Teams

"very helpful?? I wish you guys were. Who's got the time to play silly games? you're saying "non-techies stay out"? I will!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: how to return to HODL (?) page/

Comments

• Hi @detlevli

Could you give me some context here? HODL isn't a term that we use anywhere as far as I'm aware. How does this relate to 1Password Teams?

Ben

• detlevli
    detlevli
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I found out in the meantime that HODL is a Bitcoin term; so I guess, from what I saw on the Agilebits website, connecting you and HODL is a case o 'guilt by association'

What I initially was looking for was essentially non-technical: I had opened an old email of 2/26/17, from D Teare, and after pressing a variety of mysterious buttons, I arrived at one or more pages containing the word HODL.
    One of these pages linked to several opinion pieces (?), one of which, written by someone with an E.Indian name, who discussed a routine he found effective in raising his output as a writer. I found his discussion very interesting, but was interrupted, and unable to read to the end. Today I tried to find the article again, but found that for non-tech questions, even when related to AgileB web content, your website , for me at least, is totally frustrating. If you can help, I would appreciate it.

D

• We can certainly help, @detlevli. Let us know hat questions you have an we'll gladly answer them.

Rick

• detlevli
    detlevli
    Community Member

Rick, my friend!

I'm glad to see that, now that I've been 'published', my problem has drawn expert attention.
    In my preceding text, you may find in the last paragraph the phrases:.....
    ....."several opinion pieces (?), one of which, written by someone with an E. Indian name, ... discussed a routine he found effective
    in raising his output as a writer...........",
    and
    ..."Today I tried to find the article again, but COULDN'T...."

Can you locate that letter for me? There seems to be a, for my skills "crypto", section in your website, dealing with writing.
    I have a by now only a pretty vague notion that the title mentioned "writing 1000 words a day'
    (possibly).

Tell Ben 'thanks', and I'm happy to see that at least someone in your Team-of teams seems to have a sense of humor.
    Hmmm..., maybe the structure of your entire website is a joke being played on technologically primitive life forms; it's "the NET"!
    " i wonder what he would do if we randomly delete links here and there for a few minutes....?" What could be funnier, hey??
    Anyway, thanks for making an effort, even with such vague data.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@detlevli: I was sitting here reading your comments, not recalling anything like that, and wondering how on earth I could track down something like that...until I remembered that I get all of the AgileBits blog posts and newsletters delivered to my personal email account — and Gmail, fortunately, is pretty awesome at searching. :chuffed:

However, less fortunately, I'm not able to find anything remotely like what you're describing in these going back more than 5 years (I was using a different email account prior to that). A phrase like "writing 1000 words a day" doesn't really make much sense in the context of our newsletters, since they're focused on 1Password specifically and security in general, so I wonder if you're confusing AgileBits with a blog or newsletter focused on writing tips. We discuss cryptography in a number of articles both on our blog and support area, as it relates to how 1Password secures data, but nothing like that turns up in a search of either of those as well.

I'm sorry I'm not able to find what you're looking for, but one thing I can do is see if there are ways we can improve our website with your feedback:

https://support.1password.com
    https://blog.1password.com

If you'll let me know how you'd like us to make it more user-friendly, I'll be happy to share that with the rest of the AgileBits team to see what we can do to make our website more welcoming for all life forms. :)

This discussion has been closed.