Sending Invites and changing to Family Account

jplaskett
jplaskett
Community Member

Wow.. Brand new user as of yesterday and I was in love, but now I'm frustrated as all get out. I installed on my iPhone, started the trial. Then I went and changed my subscription to an annual subscription, and the site told me my trial would run through to Dec 27th, and then I would get billed. I liked the app so much, I tell my wife about it, we want to used Shared Vault feature, so I decide to see what I need to do to convert to family plan. Except, there's no option for that in iTunes Subscription management. FAIL. So, then I research, and based on my understanding of the FAQ, I need to login to 1password site, click "Guests" and then "Invite" and upon acceptance, I would assume I'd have the option to convert to "Family" account.. Except, there is no "Guest" options or "Invite" Options, anywhere in my browser portal to this app. I've looked EVERYWHERE!! I see videos, FAQ,Blogs show that the UI should have this option, but mine does not. So, I've now wasted 45 minutes trying to figure out how to pay you guys more freaking money and add users, and I can't. It's like I'm trying to fly to Mars here, WTH is so hard about this?? !! I'm so frustrated now, I'm considering forgetting this stupid product altogether.. Can someone please tell me what the heck I need to do to invite my wife and convert my account to a family account? SHHEEEESSSHHH!! This should not be Rocket Science!!!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jplaskett: Thanks for reaching out. I’m glad to hear you were enjoying 1Password — up until you hit some limitations of Apple's subscription setup... Unfortunately we don't have any real control over that, so there's no way for us to let you easily switch plans there. :(

However, if you cancel your subscription through Apple and let us know, we can switch you over so that you account is managed through 1Password.com directly, which will allow you to change plans and payment settings however you want. Just let us know so we can help you with that. :)

• jplaskett
    jplaskett
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty, Yes, I can do that.. My main concern is that I did not want to have to start from scratch and set up all my logins/info again.. How do I need to proceed to get that accomplished?

• @jplaskett,

Canceling your subscription using the guide brenty linked to will not delete your account. :) That link again is:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Please let us know once you've canceled so we can mark it as such on our end. Once we've done so you'll be able to manage your subscription and change plans directly through our website. The App Store is great for convenience, but doesn't have the flexibility that our site has, which is what you ran up against here.

Thanks!

Ben

• jplaskett
    jplaskett
    Community Member

Ok, I'm going to cancel, the only difference is mine is still marked as "trial" within the Apple system, will this matter?

• jplaskett
    jplaskett
    Community Member

@Ben I did go ahead and cancel it, so just let me know what I need to do next to activate the subscription through 1Password directly.

• Great. I've gone ahead and marked it as canceled on our end, so that you can set it up through our website:

How to manage your 1Password subscription - 1Password Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jplaskett
    jplaskett
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben that worked and I'm all setup and configured on Family plan now! Great product, this is going to help my wife and I out so much! Sorry for all the frustration in my first post, I really appreciate your and @brenty 's help with this!!

• You’re very welcome! Glad to hear that helped. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.