Invite third parties

I managed lot of credentials from a customer but it would be better if the credentials are managed by the customer and sharing it to me. Is their any link that i can invite my customer to create an own team account? I can only find it for team members for my account...

Btw. if a have a team account with me@mycompany.com and my customer adds my email me@mycompany.com to @customer.com as team member that i can manage their shared vault/credentials, will be my user billed twice, once in @mycompany.com and again in @customer.com?

Sorry for the questions but i am not an expert... not yet. =D

BR Thomas

1Password Version: Cloud
Extension Version: X 1.1.0
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Team

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gl0tzk0wski: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not quite sure I completely understand your question, but you can use the guest feature to invite them and share a single vault with them:

Share with guests in 1Password Teams

Does that help? If you let me know more about what you're trying to do, maybe I can suggest something else. :)

• gl0tzk0wski
    gl0tzk0wski
    Community Member

Everything is fine with 1Password especially for my projects with team members and guest, but i want only suggest to have an invitation link to say "Hey, try 1Password, create an own account for your own projects and share it to me". Same like invite team members and guest for my own vaults/projects, just the opposite that someone could create an own account/vault for his own projects and add me as a member.

I am the administrator for lot of websites of my client but i have no overview for all the projects and external developers of my client. Thats why it would be better if my client create an own account/vault and share it to me and all the developers. Projects belongs to the client not to me. I would never add all the developers to my account, i do not know anything about the projects and i am not the project manager of my client. Currently i manage the vault by myself but its annoying if someone changes a password without notifying me.

Its only a suggestions to have a tiny link/form in 1Password admin panel, its not important, but would help a lot to save time. It will not happen often, but maybe other 1Password customers will use it as well. Of course i could write an email, collect all the information and links to argue someone to create an own 1password account/vault to share it with me. But this would never be the same like a nice formatted email coded one time by 1Password.

• It is an interesting thought. We've also done some brainstorming in the realm of sharing items across memberships. Hopefully somewhere down the line something like this will be possible. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.